The IMA is giving several awards to acknowledge the various contributions of its members. The awards are in three categories:
- De Bary Medal - Based on outstanding career research.
- Ainsworth Medal - For recognition of extraordinary service to world mycology.
- Young Mycologist Award - Awarded to outstanding mycologists early in their career.
The IMA Awards Committee (2024):
The committee consists of the Officers, and up to three members from the Executive Committee (EC). Dr. Nakashima is heading the committee and he will accept nominations for the Ainsworth Medal and the De Bary Medal. The nominations for the young mycologist awards should be addressed to the RMMOs of the region, where the Nominee achieved his research results.
Application deadline: January 30, 2024, to coincide with an IMC meeting the same year
- An individual may receive the same IMA Award only once.
- Self nomination is not allowed.
- Nominators must be members of the IMA.
- Nominees who are not chosen for the prize, may be re-nominated for up to two additional terms (within the year limit linked to the specific award).
Documents required (nomination folder should contain):
- A nominating letter, including a detailed evaluation of the nominee’s contributions to Mycology.
- A current curriculum vitae.
Notes: Nominations should be sent to the head of the IMA Awards Committee Dr. Nakashima for the Ainsworth Medal and De Bary Medal. The nominations for the Young mycologist award should be sent to the respective RMMO representative.
Awards consists of a certificate. The Committee may choose to make no award in a given year, if it is appropriate. Presentation of the awards will take place at the awards ceremony at the IMC meeting.